Total Partial Dentures
If the patient has lost all the teeth in his mouth, total dentures should be done. Recently, the total dentures are not the only chance of the mouths without teeth. Dentures are supported by the implants installed in the jawbone, hence they give a feeling to the patients such as chewing with their natural teeth and this makes the dentures frequently preferred.
The partial dentures are a kind of denture hung with metal hooks called crochet, made with the combination of special acrylic and metals in the partial tooth deficiency (Partial Palate, Partial Dentures.
The delicately connected dentures are another denture type used in the partial tooth deficiency. The conservativeness of the dentures is provided not with the crochets like in the partial dentures, with the male and female parts called delicate connection. These dentures are much better than the normal partial dentures from aesthetic, connection and health aspects. There are is not any metal hook ruining the aestetic look on the delicately connected dentures.
Valplast dentures are the dentures with special structure without any metal base and hook. This removes the aesthetic problem of visible metal parts. Because of its resin, valplast dentures show thin and half transparent pinkish form and the tissues under it and gives natural structure. The most important features of valplast dentures are their conservativeness in the mouth by holding on the tissues and not being broken as a result of the flexibility. Valplast dentures are applicable in the patients with acryl allergy. It may not be requested by the patient to use the movable dentures and requesting cosmetic results because of the partial denture metal hooks and the implant treatment will be very costly for the patient and the dentures could be done in these cases.
- Take off you dentures after every meal and clean the inner and outer sides with tooth brush and soap.
- When cleaning the dentures (artificial teeth), never use bleacher, dishwashing liquid, laundry soap etc. produced for different purposes. These products damages the structure of the denture and very dangerous for the general health position. You can use the tablets and solutions produced especially for the denture (artificial teeth) cleaning as per the instructions of the manufacturing firm.
- After you take off and clean your dentures, clean the soft areas without teeth with a soft toothbrush or gauze bandage. If you have some teeths in your mouth, definitely clean them with tooth brush and tooth paste.
- If the food particles around the crochets and inner sides of the partial dentures are not cleaned, they will damage the teeth. They should be cleaned after every meal.
- When you take off your dentures, keep them in a cup full of water.
- Except the control of your dentists, do not make any proceedings on your dentures such as abrasion, addition and restoration. If there is any problem with the dentures, go to your dentist immediately.
- Go to your dentist once in every month. These controls will be beneficial for the possible problems.
- Please remember that your dentures will have a life and they need to be renewed once in every two to five years.