Pedodontics, a Latin word, means “child teeth”. Pedodontics in dentistry deals with the protection and treatment of milk and permanent teeth, starting from the birth of the child until the age of 12-13, when all of the teeth of the teeth change.
After completion of the Faculty of Dentistry, the dentists who continue their education in the Department of Pedodontics are called “pedodontists”.
- They allow children to avoid dental phobia (dental phobia), turn dental treatment for children into a pleasant game.
- It identifies the risk group of caries in the child and sets personal protective programs.
- Adult patients who have an advanced level of fear.
- It regulates the child’s eating habits.
- They control the regular progression of the child’s jaw and tooth development.
- Conservative orthodontic treatments.
- They do dental care for children who need special attention.